Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Zealand and Good Times Ahead!

Last night, we took a long, droning ten hour flight through the night from Bangkok to Sydney, where we changed planes and headed for Christchurch, New Zealand.  I could not sleep because of pure excitement to see a new and different country.  We arrived in New Zealand early this morning and were picked up by a nice man from the rental car company.   My family and I had previously reserved a camping mini van.  We picked up our rig and drove for several hours.  The land scape is wide, lush, and vast, with rolling hills.   Scattered throughout are cows and sheep.  We have arrived in New Zealand!  I am tired from lack of sleep and cannot write a full length blog. 

Thank you for reading Rohan Geographic!    
 

4 comments:

  1. Rohan - I purchased the Cannon Rebel T3i days before my Antarctica trip and, while my brother Jock was able to give me a crash course on LIGHTROOM, there was not time to learn the features of the camera. I have taken thousands of photos with super small point and shoot waterproof Pentax (I have owned 4 of them) and, while I have good composition skills, I am still in "auto" rookie mode w/ the new camera. So, OK, you busted me big time and my shame knows no bounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rohan,

    I'm back online and all caught up on your posts. Great photos as usual (do you ever get tired of everyone telling you that??). I especially liked the ones in Wat Phra Kaew post. I also enjoyed reading your thoughts on traveling in Asia in the Ambiguous Asia post. Congrats on making it too New Zealand!

    Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter,
    Sorry man! Nice new camera!

    Rohan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chopper,

    One of my most reliable commenters is back! Yay!!! Keep the photo compliments coming (don't hold 'em inside)

    PS. do you read these???

    ReplyDelete