Today we flew from Beijing to a a small town near Surmang where our clinic is based. Tomorrow we will be driving from Jeigu, in Yushu Prefecture to Surmang. This whole area we are in is in the middle of the Himalayas and is surrounded by mountains. I am super tired because we woke up at 4:45 AM to catch our flight. That is why I am only writing observations.
1. Jeigu Town was hit by a major earth quake a year ago
2. People living in tents
3. People working to rebuild the city
4. Yaks on the street
5. People are not used to foreigners, because they stare at us
6. Tibetan people, but not technically in Tibet
7. Our hotel has mold dripping from the ceiling.
8. Hotel has no lights
9. Pigeon living in between the two window pains of the hotel.
10. Wall paper is striped off the walls of the hotel
11. Nomads live in surrounding mountains
12. Monks walking around the town
13. Dusty city
14. People wear big dust masks to not breath in the dust
15. A lot of motorcycles attached to trailers
Pictures of Jeigo