Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Math For Rohan in Surmang

Big Surprise, Lee and his crew are arriving not today, but tomorrow!  I had another day of work on my hands, and, to be straight forward, I did nothing but work the entire day:  I wrote and published yesterday's blog, did one and a half lessons of math, 150 pages of reading, wrote this blog (today's), and my word of the day!  My parents and Wambao drew a Tibetan Auspicious Sign on the wall that you first see when you enter the clinic.  The Tibetan script means "Tashi Delek" which translates into English as "Good Fortune".   They drew this mural to welcome all the attendants of the Health Festival that will be starting next week.  Well, I had on of my worst days on the trip, but I am pretty sure my Parents had a fun time...
My dad and Wambao

Thank you for reading Rohan Geographic!   

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rohan,
    Are you familiar with the quote, "Into everyone's life a little rain must fall"? I thought of it when you wrote about what a hard day you had.

    It does seem like you have much work to do. Math and reading can be hard, especially when there are other things you would rather do - like play soccer and a computer game. I must say that I very much enjoy your blogs and am grateful that you take the time to write and send those great pictures.

    I've had some hard days myself. After working hard to get my duplex unit ready for the two students, one of them is turning out to be very difficult. She keeps pushing me for one thing or another. I'm growing weary of her and wonder how we will survive her 9 month lease. Of course, our continuing heat (112 degrees the past two days) doesn't help anyone's mood.

    The good news is that I'm starting to collect what I need for my Yoga in the Canyon trip that begins in less than two weeks. That is fun work!

    I hope the Health Festival goes well.

    Love, Grandma Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least you got a lot done. Hopefully you'll have more fun tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Grandma and Chopper for feeling my pain of my work. I love your comments! I hope it gets cooler in Texas!

    Thanks,
    Rohan Geographic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working working working, this day was full of working. Math and reading WOW what a pain! And here comes Grandma Dorism, spouting aphorisms, in every life there sometimes is rain.

    Shakespeare! Or Dr Seuss. Do I hear Eminem? Ha!

    ReplyDelete