Saturday, June 18, 2011

Raining Hard

This morning, my mom woke me up at 8:15.  We had a long day of biking ahead of us.  Today we were biking from Niederranna to Linz.  We had to bike about 35 miles, or 64 kilometers!  Today was going to be long, hard, and fun!  I was extremely excited.  Well, at the moment I was just tired.  I had to get up fast or I would miss breakfast!

Once we got biking, mom told us that we had a couple ferry crossings to do today.  Our first ferry was a little after our departure.  It was a long ferry ride.  We were all eager to explore the opposite side of the river!  Our second ride was 20 miles, or 33 kilometers, from our hotel in Linz.  When we got of the second ferry we all cranked hard to get to lunch and to finish the day early!  



The next destination (lunch, in the town of Ottensheim) was only 6 miles from Linz.  When we got there it was sprinkling.  We found a nice outside lunch spot with an umbrella.  It had really good food and yet an even better dessert.  Yum!



After we had lunch, we explored the town of Ottensheim.  It had started to rain a bit more, but none of us cared.  We found an interesting craft fair where they were selling home made artwork.  They had booths under tents where they were selling their crafts.  The homemade pieces were of amazing quality!  I have never seen such high quality craft!  We only had one problem now;  it was pouring!

On our ride to the hotel in Linz, we were all soaked!  We loved being wet!  It was so fun feeling the rain on our faces!  We road along a highway, so the passing cars were spraying us!  The wet way to the hotel was definitely the highlight of my day!

When we got to our hotel, we realized that it was a four star hotel!  We were in luck! The bike outfitters had made a mistake!  Once we checked in and settled down, we were ready for the nice and relaxing night. Thank you for reading Rohan Geographic.  


4 comments:

  1. The biking sounds really fun, especially in the rain --adds a lot to the adventure. Next time maybe at night, too? :) Or try sitting on the handle bars and pedaling backwards....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rohan,
    Sounds like you guys are having a great trip. Although, I can't say I envy you biking in the rain! Are you learning any German? I would learn to say ' It is really wet and I need a ride to my hotel'. Have Fun!
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear from you, Peter and Vic. I love all the adventure that biking in the rain brings. So I would never take a ride! And, Peter, I really should try that some time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! Oh yeah - the old "huh - a four star hotel! I don't know how THAT got on the itinerary!" trick. Ha!

    ReplyDelete