Friday, June 17, 2011

The Long and Winding Road



In the morning, we had to wake up at 7:30.  We were leaving on a big bike trip!  I was extremely excited!  We are taking a bike ride from Passau to Vienna along the Danube River.  We are taking 6 days to get there and are stoping at hotels along the way.   Our first hotel is in the village of Niederranna.  The outfitter gave us minimal information about the hotels, so we had barely any expectations. They did tell us that we were staying in 3 star hotels, though.

Before we got on the bike trail, we had to buy a camera.  I had dropped my old camera in the sand the night before. I was playing on a zip line and it fell out of my pocket.  The sad thing is, a camera costs a hundred euros which is about a hundred and fifty dollars.  I had to pay for my camera with my savings. ahhg!!  I had been thinking about what I would buy when I got back to the US with this money.  Well, at least I got a new camera out of the deal.  It has high tech settings and a new zoom system, not to mention that it is a bright vibrant blue.  

When we had pedaled for a while, we all decided that we were very hungry.  So, about half way through today’s bike ride, we stopped at a nice beer garden.  It was located in a natural and pretty garden along the river.  It was as if you were sitting down in the middle of nature.  It also had many beautiful flowers.  The  colorful flowers had many bees feeding on their pollen.

Our next destination was just after we crossed the border into Austria. It was a bright and sunny beach.  We sat there and had some cookies that my mom had brought.  My dad had the idea to swim.  He was the first person with the bravery to jump in.  Then followed David, then me, then cat.  When we emerged from the water, we dried off and jumped back on our bikes. 




For Andrew
When we arrived at our hotel, we were in luck.  This hotel was rated a three star hotel but has the quality of four stars!  It has big soulful rooms and a wooden porch facing the river.  The people are also really nice here.  Thank you for reading Rohan Geographic!

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding!! Love the new camera - And thanks for the picture!!! I've been in Memphis for the last several days for work. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy!

    ReplyDelete