Thursday, February 16, 2012

Goodbye Pucon

Today both my parents and I focused all our energy on work, such as many of the days earlier.  All of us are exhausted after the last two strenuous weeks.  Occasionally we have had fun days, but those have been minimal.  We are also stressed and anxious for our departure to Southern Chile tomorrow.

In the morning, my parents went to language school while I did Spanish with Elly.  When my parents were trying to leave, the car did not start.  In stress, they had to come up with a plan B.  Thus, my parents caught a taxi into town and showed up at Spanish school.  During the fifteen minute lesson break, they arranged for the mechanic to come to Elly’s and check out our car after the class was over.  Right on time, he showed up and fixed the car.  It turned out it was just a loose connection to the battery and, after it was fixed, there was nothing permanently wrong.  Whew!  In the afternoon, they had some errands to run in Villarrica.  They had to complete some paper work which would be useful for crossing borders throughout all of South America.  They also needed to buy some boxes which, filled with our stuff, would be placed in the back of our truck.  When all this was going on, I had a big fat book of math in front of me.  This is a taste of  the day’s stress.

 We are leaving Pucon tomorrow midday after language school.  ONE MORE HALF DAY OF WORK AND THEN WE ARE GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for reading Rohan Geographic!

P.S.  We are not sure if we will have internet in some of our destinations to the South.  Some nights a blog might not be possible to publish.  They will be back dated and published as I am able.

1 comment:

  1. The adventures continue! I'm looking forward to reading the next wave of posts.

    ReplyDelete